Monthly Archives: August 2006
FinTrack Tour Finnish Championship Round 7 – Laukaa 22.7.2006
For this race I had not run my car since the last race some 6 weeks before due mostly to a lot of work going on at the local track in preparation for the Electric Off Road Euros to be held next summer.
I had not done anything to my car as well so the preparation was bad to say the least. Anyways I knew my car should work well as my base setup has been good everywhere at all races this summer…and even at the last few indoor races when I used the same setup!!!
Sure enough my car worked well although my driving was not as consistent as I would have liked. I TQ’d the first two rounds though basically securing the pole. Finals went ok and I won the race actually securing the championship for me! 🙂
1. Sodergard Kenneth VUA 1 1 3 2 – TRF415MSX
2. Lappi Ari MMRc 5 2 1 3 – Corally RDX
3. Salmen Henry LahUA 3 5 2 5 – Xray T2
1. Trzaska Sebastian Jkl srk 1 1 9 2 – Corally RDX
2. Lehto Kalle KyPak 3 5 1 4 – Corally RDX
3. Koivula Pekka TamUA 2 3 2 4 – Xray T2
pic source Risto Koskinen
IFMAR Worlds – Collegno/Italy 1-8.7.2006
Two very deserving winners in Andy Moore and David Spashett.
Super report from HB and Andy here; http://www.hbeurope.com/news/en/2006080201.html
More worlds links:
pic source hbeurope.com
FinTrack Tour Finnish Championship Round 6 – Hyvinkää 10.6.2006
This was a good race on a track I have never really had any success on through the years. My car was again super, still the same setup, and I probably drove the best I have ever done. I won all 4 qual rounds and first 2 finals.
1. Kenneth Sodergard VUA 1 1 6 2
2. Ari Lappi MMRc 3 7 1 4
3. Jyri Konoila VAU 2 4 2 4
1. Juho Levanen RiiUA 1 1 9 2
2. Christer Andersson MMRc 2 3 1 3
3. Panu Vehniainen ÄkiUA 10 2 2 4 – TRF415MSX
pic by Risto Koskinen